With ‘Workday’, Working Is Pleasure, Not Pressure
‘Workday’, founded in the year 2005, is a superior company in providing ERP cloud applications for Finance and Human Resources. Workday furnishes financial management, Human capital management(HCM), and analytics applications planned and designed for big organizations in the world. Hundreds of organizations, from mid-sized level to fortune 50 companies have gone for Workday implementation and the number is growing rapidly.
Workday is a SaaS(Software as a Service) solution that empowers the Human Resource capabilities to cost-effectively streamline processes and standardize technology at a global level. It relaxes HR team in managing many administrative jobs and provides useful HR data in making better business decisions in driving workforce effectively. So, let us try to understand on Q&A basis on how the company and its HR staff benefit implementing ‘Workday’ software.
What are the benefits of implementing Workday?
Adopting workday in your organization will benefit you in the following ways:
- Workday presents business managers and HR executives a 360 degree view of the organization and its workforce, which makes them be more energetic in handling HR issues.
- Employees of the company across the world can access the comprehensive data and metrics on processing, reporting, and use in strategic tasks like performance management and succession management.
- One significant advantage is that Workday changes the mindset of the employee and empowers with workers’ capabilities. Managers can execute better analysis and make right decisions with the information, that was not on hands before.
- Workday removes errors that are resulted in data manipulation done by the manual labor and clears the way to business managers in making business decisions easily and quickly. Now, HR staff can focus more on making smart decisions and less on administrative tasks.
- It is easy to learn and get certified in Workday by attending Workday Certified Training course
- After the implementation of Workday, IT and HR teams of the company can see valuable changes in the fashion they do their work. HR spends less time on administrative jobs and plays a vital role in the business tasks. As a whole, the company becomes more flexible and skillful.
Why is ‘Change Management’ an important chunk in Workday implementation?
When the organization shifts from one software system to another, a lot of changes occur not only in business processes but also in the mindset of employees. Every company has its own style of approach in migrating from existing software to new one depending on the culture, ERP systems, HRIS software etc. Many companies failed in change management program when going for new technology wasting money and valuable time. Workday emphasizes that there is a need for understanding ‘Change Management’ program in this scenario.
Sometimes it happens that the company puts money, energy, and a lot of time in implementing or rather shifting of software and the utilization of it may be low, and this would be the worst situation for the company. It is essential for a company to impart information and knowledge on, why the company is looking for a new solution, how that software will streamline with their business objectives, what benefits they can reap from it etc. By doing this program will enable HR staff members to know the roles and responsibilities during the change process, and safeguard stakeholders’ buy-in activities. The Change Management program also helps HR managers in guiding their employees right from starting point of the process to usage of the software and how to develop in the new technology environment and know the essence of their roles.
How does a Workday implementation stimulate role changes in both Business and HR Team?
Essentially everybody connected with the organization gets affected after the implementation of Workday. Satirically, HR people would be the first to resist the change, as they are highly affected. But the case is different with Workday, it provides an integrated talent management methodology that consists of best-in-breed technology and an impressive talent management approach. After Workday implementation, employees get used self-serve, could be a first time experience for many. Business managers and HR executives start doing activities by themselves such as, hiring, pay-grade changes, performance management, transfers, exits, promotions and so forth.
To be successful, most of the companies are eyeing on Workday in spite of its close competitors like Netsuite and Salesforce. Workday has gained momentum in the ERP/HCM and Analytics cloud market and the number of customers are increasing year on year. Its latest announcements has driven rise in user-base and universities running in thousands. As organizations look to change their ERP applications to Workday, after looking at its proven capabilities, Workday has a long way to travel and serve the industry.